Roche Molecular Systems have launched a new Website http://molecular.roche.com that is designed with users’ needs in mind. Work on the site began in the autumn of 2009, with Roche Molecular Systems (USA) conducting quantitative research about users’ preferences through telephone interviews, a Website survey, audits of webmaster inquiries and a review of competitor sites.
The goal was to make the site more user-centric so visitors can find what they are looking for quickly and easily – whether they are researching an assay to bring into their lab, want to stay updated on Roche news, navigate between Roche sites or reach a contact for more information.
The site’s homepage includes a brief introduction to Roche Molecular Systems, links to other Roche sites and contact links to guide users to sales and support help in their country. The homepage also features a “What’s New” section with an RSS feed from Roche.com, plus the ability to post Roche Molecular Systems’ press releases and other updates immediately.
Navigation tabs at the top of each page include:
- News – current and archived press releases with RSS feeds from Roche.com and the broader diagnostics’ industry
- Diseases – where users can research assays for a particular disease (the primary reason people come to the site)
- Blood Screening – targets customers looking for blood screening assays and instruments
- Collaboration – information about collaboration, partnership and licensing opportunities
- About – company overview with brief descriptions of product areas
Roche Molecular Systems welcomes and encourages feedback about the new site; visitors can click the “Contact” link at the top of the homepage to make comments and suggestions.